Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Inspiration and Heros

It's been many years since I last walked around Disneyland. Walking around with a wife certainly is a different feeling. Besides arriving early and trying to get through as many rides as possible in the morning before the heat and crowds, we had a chance to see Mickey Mouse.

What I wasn't prepared for was the kind and warm arms that reached out to me for a hug. Although it's been many years since I was a kid, the strangest thing happened while hugging a person dressed as a mouse. Something within me realized that being an adult doesn't mean being mean. Being an adult means being kind, sharing a caring smile, showing the positive side of life to spread hope and love.

When I think about how kids choose heroes and what experiences helped me throughout the past, I always enjoyed talking to the adults that were upbeat and friendly. I think it takes quite a bit of life experience before adults can accept themselves and the conditions of their life and relationships. It's clear to me now that there is a lot of suffering and growing pains to get through.

Now life is something different than before. Now it's time to live life as a kid again. It's time to be a hero and inspire again.




No comments:

Post a Comment